Friday, June 3, 2011

My Life Is A Light For Your Cause

I have a passion.
I have a fire inside my heart.
Things I can no longer contain.
I know I'm suppose to share them.

Heads up... This could get lengthy.

Have you ever felt like you missed it? ...Had an opportunity to do something or see something, and you missed it?? That stinks huh?

Sometimes I feel as a Christian, I miss it. We miss IT.

Someone said to me not long ago that often times people know what Christians are against. ..."Christians are conservative, closed minded, heartless, anti-change, against abortion, against gays, against liberals, ... They have so many rules.... I wouldn't want to be a Christian, there's no freedom."

Have we missed it?

There's a song out there. I'm sure some people know it…
"We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
And we pray that all unity may one day be restored
And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love
They will know we are Christians by our LOVE.”

Are you Loving?

I think it’s easy to get caught up in the ME mind frame. To focus on getting ahead, getting that house, having kids, promotions, money, boats, out-door gear, hunting, decorations, trips…
It’s easy to get lost in this train of thought. It’s normal. We have to take care of our lives here. Period.

But consider this….
Christ didn’t come to this earth to be a King of riches and reign.
He came instead as a servant. He served. He LOVED.
God so LOVED the world, he GAVE his son.

Still missing it?

We have been BLESSED. So very blessed. Anyone who’s ever been on a mission’s trip will tell you the same. We are blessed. I’m not saying it’s wrong to have a nice home. Or to have a boat, hunting gear, etc…God has blessed us. How are we using our gifts, talents, passions… to share Christ and his Love?

It’s easy to get comfortable. I like my home. I like being alone with my husband on the weekends and doing nothing but what we want. And that’s okay. However, week after week, month after year.. I think I may have missed something.
Sometimes as a church, we do the same. Maybe we get comfortable in our church, in our pew, with our friends, singing our songs…

There are people in this world who do NOT understand God and his LOVE. They are broken.. they have broken homes, marriages, relationships, hearts, children…they’re hurting. This world hurts.

Hurts a little worse when you know God’s love doesn’t it?

“If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing..”

It’s all kinda pointless without love.

Marriages, families, friendships.. wouldn’t be so great without love. We do things out of love for one another. God loves the WORLD. He loves YOU. He loves your neighbor, your neighbors cousin’s uncle’s brother’s friend’s sister. He loves Osama Bin Ladin. He loves the drug dealers. He loves the orphans, the prostitutes, murderers, deaf, blind, sick, mean, crazy… HE LOVES.
And do we forget sometimes that his love is UNCONDITIONAL. He loves me when I’m worshiping him. He LOVES me when I’m screwing up. He loves people NO MATTER where they are in this life. HE LOVES.

We are his hands and feet in this world. We are the LIGHT. We are to love God and LOVE OTHERS. It’s hard sometimes, don’t get me wrong. But it’s simple directions really, but not easy in action sometimes.

My passion? My fire?
I have seen and been a part of movement that LOVED.
It was so AMAZING! It was exciting! I was soooo thrilled to come to church and to meet people and to share this experience. This place of people who were sharing God’s love and his message.
WOOOT!

It caused some changes in me. I starting to be more loving. To get out of my comfort zone and talk to people. Share in their hurt.. and share some good news. Share the LOVE. People need it. They’re dying for it. We have it… Share it.

So I’m attempting to share my fire… my excitement… my passion…. Because IT’S BURNING INSIDE ME. There is a movement in this world… I can feel it.I see it around me through different people and groups. People are getting out there and sharing God’s love. They are getting personal with people…getting personal about reality and what matters. It’s amazing to see God’s spirit flowing in this world.
We can do it! Start today. Say HI to someone, smile, hug someone, tip someone, listen...

Let’s try our best to not miss it anymore… JUST DO IT! Shake the dust friends. Because our God is mighty and it’s CRAZY the things he can do… if only we’re willing.

These videos always inspire me. I hope they do the same for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment